Sustainability in Action
The polymer industry has been rapidly changing and expanding in the field of sustainability, and Entec Polymers is bringing the best of this technology to the customers that we serve. Our efforts can be summarized around four major pillars of operation: Down-Gauging, Recyclable, Recycling, and Bio-based.
In addition to material offerings, our technical experts have spent many years actively helping to provide light-weight applications in all of our markets. Where plastic technology can replace heavier materials, such as glass, metal or wood, significant environmental benefits can be achieved. If your design needs are open to multiple material selections, contact us to help you choose a polymer that will meet your criteria.
Entec Polymers prides itself on being a leading supplier of engineering thermoplastics, which are products that can be recycled and re-processed under most normal operating conditions. Here are some example polymers that can easily be melted and re-melted several times over:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate (ASA)
- Cyclic Olefin Copolymers
- Olefin Block Copolymers
- Styrene Acrylonitrile (SAN)
With so many materials available for recycling, Entec has taken an active role as a supplier of post-industrial reprocessed resins. These materials come in varying levels of refinement, and can be used in blends with virgin resin, or as the entire component depending on your application. Some of our feedstocks arrive as carpet that has never been installed, and can be re-processed into raw materials. Through this process, millions of pounds of polypropylene and nylon are diverted from landfills every year.
Some products that are produced through our recycle channels include:
- ECHO® Recycled Polyethylene
- ECHO® Recycled Polypropylene
- ECHO® Recycled Filled Polypropylene
- HYLEX® Polycarbonate
Entec also offers a full line of Post Consumer Nylon based products. Hylon®, made from Enviramid™ Post Consumer Nylon grades include:
- Neat PA 6 and 6/6
- Glass and/or mineral reinforced PA 6 and 6/6
- Impact modified PA6 and 6/6
These products utilize 100% Post Consumer Nylon and are certified to UL’s most rigorous adherence standard for PCR based products- UL11CA26632ECV.
More information on specific products can be supplied as needed.
Entec provides multiple types of bio-based resins for our customers. The potential for these materials is unlimited, and the application targets are continuously expanding.
- Naturacell is a cellulose acetate polymer
- Derived from cellulose, a renewable and sustainable material
- Can be reprocessed, recycled and re-used
- Designed for injection molding, extrusion and thermoforming
- Auracell is a scented cellulose acetate polymer
- All of the same properties as Naturacell, but with a custom scent for the desired application
- EMS GreenLine consists of polymers made from castor oil
- The castor oil plant is capable of bonding large amounts of CO2
- This PA 610 resin helps to offset non-renewable energy sources
- A PA 1010 resin which is also made using castor oil derivatives