With a long list of OEM approvals, IPC PP COMPOUNDS® are the material of choice for some of the largest injection molders in North America. IPC grades are custom-formulated to provide customers with the optimal balance of properties to meet their particular specifications. Reactor and post-industrial feedstocks are combined with a variety of fillers and specialty additives to create a wide spectrum of both homopolymer and copolymer material solutions. In addition to general purpose grades, IPC resins can be formulated to meet specific requirements such as improved scratch and mar resistance, UV weatherability, long-term heat age resistance and cold temperature toughness.
- Homopolymer PP: Combines an excellent balance of flow, mechanical strength and heat resistance for a wide range of applications across a number of markets and industries.
- Copolymer PP: Softer grades selected for applications where higher levels of impact strength, ductility and durability are required.
Both types of PP feedstock can be compounded with a number of different fillers and reinforcements, including:
- Calcium Carbonate: Best economics, good surface appearance, good natural color, better impact strength, better hardness, lower tensile and flex properties.
- Talc:Higher cost, better mechanical and thermal properties, reduced warp, wide range of color, lower surface hardness.
- Mica: Highest cost, best mechanical and thermal properties, wide range of color, less preferred for surface appearance applications.
- Wollastonite: Higher stiffness and thermal properties, better scratch and mar resistance, more anisotropic shrinkage, higher cost, often used in combination with other fillers.