CELANESE CELANEX® PBT Flame Retardant Product Guide
Looking for a high-performance flame-retardant polymer for your electrical / electronic application? Then consider Celanese CELANEX® Flame Retardant PBT polyester compounds. Offering excellent thermal, mechanical, and electrical properties along with UL94 VO flame retardancy.
Celanese Celanex® PBT is a high-performance thermoplastic polyester produced from terephthalic acid or dimethyl terephthalate and 1.4-butanediol. This results in a PBT polyester polymer offering good mechanical and thermal properties as well as good electrical properties and chemical resistance. Celanex® PBT can perform over a broad range of temperatures and offers superior electrical properties which makes them very suitable for electrical and electronic applications requiring high dielectric resistance and low dielectric loss. Flame retardant Celanex® PBT is available in a range of unfilled and glass reinforced grades that meet UL94 VO flammability requirements, are RoHS compliant and do not contain decaBDE. Non-halogen flame retardant grades are also available that offer high thermal stability, no corrosion of electrical contacts, and excellent UV and heat aging resistance.
Typical properties of Flame Retardant Celanex® PBT include:
- High strength and stiffness for mechanically demanding applications
- Low creep to retain dimensions over time
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Excellent resistance to many chemicals, solvents, oils and greases
- Excellent electrical properties for use in electrical and electronic applications
- UL94 VO flammability for electrical and electronic applications
- For non-halogenated grades: High CTI and GWIT, environmentally friendly flame retardant, excellent flame retardant efficiency
- Easy colorability
Flame retardant grades of Celanex® can be injection molded and extruded using standard processing equipment.
- Electrical & Electronic: Connectors, Switches, Circuit Breakers, Interconnects, Sockets, Transformers, Terminal Boards, Bobbins, Coils.
- Automotive / EV: Connectors, Motor Housings, Switches.