Riteflex® thermoplastic polyester elastomers (TPE-ET) are block copolymers that combine the favorable characteristics of vulcanized rubber with the easy processability of thermoplastics for toughness, tear and flex fatigue resistance over a wide temperature range.
Riteflex TPC-ET thermoplastic elastomers offer an innovative combination of hard and soft segments – providing the desirable properties of thermoset elastomers along with the processing ease of thermoplastics. They have the excellent chemical resistance of polyesters to common solvents, oils and greases, and dilute acids and bases.
- Performs over a temperature range of -40°C to +121°C
- Very flexible with high-impact strength even at low temperatures
- High mechanical strength
- Good resilience
- Highly resistant to chemicals and aging
- Excellent surface gloss and good paintability
- Easy and economical to process
- Excellent wear resistance
- No softening additives are required: chemical bonding of hard segments with soft segments; flexibility is intrinsic to the block copolymer structure
- Applications possible at higher temperatures than TPE
- Basic with different hardness ratings (Shore hardness D)
- Medical technology (MT®)
- Heat stabilized (HS)
- Glass fiber reinforced
- Halogen- and antimony-free flame-retardant system (XFR®)
- Carbon black concentrate
- UV concentrate for improved weather stability
- MetaLX™ metal effects
XFR high-performance flame-retardant technology — with no toxicity or processing issues — helps customers meet hazardous substance restrictions.
- Injection molding
- Extrusion of profiles, cables, films and fibers