TOPAS® COC resins are amorphous, transparent copolymers based on cyclic olefins and ethylene. TOPAS cyclic olefin copolymers are ultra-pure, crystal-clear materials with a wide range of unique properties.
Key properties and uses of TOPAS COC resin grades include:
- Purity: from direct drug contact to food packaging films, TOPAS COC plastics have broad global regulatory compliance
- Glass-Clear: sparkling films, glass-like healthcare containers, and high performance diagnostics with UV transparency
- Amorphous: heat resistance in packaging film, PCR, sterilizable devices and more, plus thermoforming and shrink benefits
- Olefin: compatible blends with polyethylene, often with improved reclaim and recycle characteristics for sustainability
- Barrier: resists moisture, alcohols, acids and more for product protection in foods, medicine, and electronics