Celanex® thermoplastic polyester (PBT) is a semicrystalline structure based on polybutylene terephthalate that provides high strength, rigidity and toughness, low creep even at high temperatures and resistance to a wide range of chemicals, solvents, oils and greases.
Celanex® PBT is especially suited as a sliding partner for Hostaform®/ Celcon® POM. It features excellent dimensional stability, low moisture absorption and powerful insulation resistance.
- Very hard, rigid and strong
- Good creep resistance
- High heat-distortion temperature, especially for glass fiber-reinforced grades
- Service temperature to 140°C
- Very good low-friction and wear-resistant properties
- High dimensional stability (low thermal expansion coefficient, low water absorption)
- Good electrical properties
- Good chemical resistance
- No environmental stress cracking
- Good weathering resistance
- Rapid crystallization and fast cycle time
- Flame-retardant grades available (UL 94 V-0, in some cases 5VA)
Depending on market requirements, the Celanex PBT flame-retardant system is low in migration and halogen-free.
- Glass fiber and glass sphere reinforced
- Glass fiber reinforced with very high surface gloss
- Glass fiber/mineral reinforced
- Flame retardant
- UV stabilized
- HR grades
- Medical technology (MT®)
- Special colors for laser marking
- MetaLX™ metal effects
- Injection molding
- Physical foaming
- Water and gas injection technology (WIT/GIT)
Various grades of Celanex PBT hold regulatory approvals including VDE or UL approvals for the electrical and electronic market, and FDA approval for the nutrition and medical markets.